Qualities of Caesarstone®: Is It Good to Use as a Fireplace Surround?
April 28, 2017
Nothing is as comforting or relaxing on a chilly night as sitting in front of a crackling fire that is in your own fireplace. Sadly, this fireplace will provide little to the ambiance of the room, though, when it does not contain an attractive surround to enhance its appearance. While there are numerous materials on the market suitable for this purpose, we are here today to explore the qualities of Caesarstone® to determine whether or not it is suitable for a fireplace surround.
What Is Caesarstone®?
Caesarstone® is a man-made product that consists of primarily natural quartz aggregates with the addition of polymer resins and organic pigments. The manufacturing process turns out consistent results since it relies on specific recipes for each style number of this product.
Characteristics of Caesarstone®
- Consistent results from one batch to another as far as colour and quality go with this product. Consumers can rely on this fact whereas, results from natural stone will vary since each slab differs somewhat from the previous one, regardless of the type of stone.
- Caesarstone® is non-porous in nature and never requires sealing to be stain resistant.
- Another characteristic of this product is the fact that it is resistant to both heat and cold due to its high content of quartz. It will not scorch or burn easily in normal conditions in houses and other buildings.
- Since it is non-porous as we mentioned earlier, it is also resistant to bacteria, mildew and mould.
- Quartz ranks 7.0 on the Moh’s hardness scale, which makes Caesarstone® highly resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Due to the fact that this product never needs sanding, polishing or sealing to maintain its ideal condition, Caesarstone® provides you a maintenance-free surface.
- Caesarstone® costs less than natural stone does at installation and during its lifespan.
Is Caesarstone® Suitable for Fireplace Surrounds?
Now that you understand the qualities of Caesarstone®, we shall now answer the question of whether or not it is suitable for fireplace surrounds. According to the manufacturer’s website, this product can withstand temperatures of up to 100-degrees Celsius. For this reason, it is not ideal for the hearth or firebox of a fireplace. It needs to be reserved as a decorative element around the fireplace as a result of this. You should consult with the fireplace’s manufacturer to learn if the maximum heat of the unit exceeds Caesarstone’s ability to be heat resistant.
Consult with Hallett Marble to learn further details about the qualities Caesarstone® and whether or not it will be a viable fire surround for your specific fireplace. We specialise in numerous types of stonework including this product for fireplace surrounds, ecclesiastical elements, floors and more features in homes and other types of buildings.
Rear of 210 Mahoney’s Rd, Thomastown VIC 3074, Australia
Factory: Rear of 280 Mahoneys Rd Thomastown
Phone: 0425 752 462